BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS 2023
You can make a booking with us in several ways, in writing, in person at our offices or by phoning us. The contract between us is made when your booking is entered on our reservation system and a booking reference number is produced. By making a reservation, you are confirming that you have read and accepted our Terms & Conditions. We will send out a confirmation usually within 48 hours: please check it carefully to ensure all details are correct, paying particular attention to room type ordered, spelling of names and postal address.
2) TRAVEL INSURANCE & EHIC
Please take out Travel Insurance for peace of mind. Your Travel Insurance policy should cover you for accident, health, luggage, and cancellation. Contact your local broker or Health Insurance provider to purchase Travel Insurance.
We try to be as flexible with our clients as possible. In the event that you cannot travel, you may transfer your booking to a friend if you give us reasonable notice. There will be an administration charge of 20 euro for each transfer we make. Both you and the transferee remain responsible for paying for the holiday. If you do transfer your holiday to someone else, we also recommend that the person should also have adequate holiday/travel insurance.
On all our holidays to member states of the EU, it is advisable to also carry with you a completed EHIC card. This is available from your local county health clinic. It entitles you to free or reduced-cost emergency state medical treatment in the EU.
3) PAYMENT & CANCELLATIONS
Our tour prices are based on double occupancy. Tour prices are based on rates and tariffs in effect at the time of uploading to our website and PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES reserves the right to adjust prices in the event of a change therein.
A non-refundable booking deposit is required at the time of booking. The deposit depends on the type of holiday you are booking.
2023 booking deposits per person are as follows
€200 – UK Trips
€150 – Ireland Trips
€100 – Christmas Shopping Trips (Ire & UK)
Should you need to cancel your coach tour reservation for any reason, the following cancellation charges apply
- Prior to the final payment date (49 days) – your booking deposit
- Final payment date to 42 days prior to departure – €200
- 41 days to 31 days prior to departure – 50% of your tour price
- 30 days to 73 hours prior to departure – 75% of your tour price
- Less than 72 hours prior to departure – 100% of your tour price
If you make your reservation after the final balance is due, full payment will be collected at the time of booking and your payment is subject to the non-refundable deposit requirements. Tours with special events or tickets may require additional deposits. If the balance of the holiday is not paid 49 days prior to the departure date, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain the deposit. Pierce Kavanagh Coaches will not be responsible for lost reservations and/or additional cost to reinstate bookings with suppliers. Payment is not considered made until it is received by PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES and a receipt issued.
4) MAKING A CANCELLATION
To avoid miscommunication, change or cancellation requests must either be submitted in writing to [email protected] or by post to Pierce Kavanagh Coaches, Churchview, Urlingford, Co Kilkenny, E41 W8Y6. All cancellations must be received in writing and should not be considered made, until an acknowledgement of cancellation is received by the lead passenger.
In the event of cancellation, the person signing for the holiday is responsible for any expenses incurred. In the event of no refunds given, you may be able to claim for monies paid through your own Travel Insurance policy.
In certain or unexpected circumstances, we may have to cancel the holiday, and if this should occur, we will return all deposits paid, or offer a suitable alternative.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient Travel, Cancellation and Health Insurance cover, for the duration of your holiday. This is a condition of acceptance of the booking.
- Our interest is to ensure that you enjoy your holiday from start to finish.
- By making a reservation, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
- No contract shall arise until the Organiser has received a deposit or full payment for the holiday and has issued written confirmation of its acceptance to the Consumer.
5) PASSENGERS WITH HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS/ DISABILITIES
Whilst we welcome passengers on our holidays with health considerations and disabilities, some of our holidays may not be suitable for certain special needs. Some hotels do not offer ground floor rooms/lifts/easy access. It is therefore important that we have full extent of details in writing, and you must ensure that this has been acknowledged by us. Collapsible wheelchairs/walking aids are accepted on coaches but only with a prior written agreement as the overall weight of the coach is restricted with limited space for luggage and extra equipment. We restrict this to one wheelchair per holiday. Motorised scooters are only accepted with advance notice and our drivers are unable to assist with loading them onto the motorcoach. Furthermore, all passengers must be able to negotiate the five steps to board and disembark the coach to manage and enjoy our coach holidays. PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES do not provide personal attendant services. Any disability requiring special attention should be reported to us at the time you make your reservation. We will make reasonable attempts to accommodate special needs, but we are not responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants, and other independent suppliers. Travellers requiring any assistance for walking, eating or other personal needs must be accompanied by a companion who is capable of and totally responsible for providing the necessary assistance.
6) COACH SEATS
Your own personal seat onboard the coach is assigned in reservation order for the duration of your trip, we do not operate seat rotation and you must remain in your assigned seat. You must always remain seated when the coach is moving and always wear the seatbelt provided.
7) NO SHOW
If you have a booking for any of our coach holidays, but do not show up on the first day of travel at your agreed pick-up point, you will not be entitled to any refund from us.
8) CODE OF CONDUCT
For our tours we aim to foster an environment of respect that allows all our guests to enjoy their group holiday. Guests, who are disruptive, endanger the group or the travel experience, or break the law may be removed from the program immediately will not be eligible for any refunds, payments of compensation and/or any reimbursement of any cost or expenses incurred as a result of such termination. PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES reserves the right to accept or reject any coach tour guest.
We endeavour to keep to the itinerary that you will receive as part of your travel documents. In some instances, your driver/guide will make alternations to this itinerary for reasons such as weather, traffic, public holidays, local markets, essential maintenance, etc. You will be advised locally of any changes. We reserve the right to operate such changes.
10) TOUR DOCUMENTS
Tour documents will be mailed to the lead passenger seven to ten days before your tour departure date. This material includes tour pick-up location and time, a tour itinerary, hotel list and luggage tag.
11) SINGLE / TRIPLE ROOMS
Single – If you book a single room at a supplement, you will most likely get a room with a single bed and not a double bed. Essentially a single room is usually bigger than half a double room and is more costly to service pro-rata.
Triple – A triple room is generally a twin room with an additional (often a fold-away) bed.
Each passenger is allowed one large suitcase which must be tagged, weighing no more than 20 kilos. Please make sure your bags are tagged inside and outside. A small holdall can also be taken on board the coach. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to luggage. No luggage or equipment may be left overnight on the coach. The transport of luggage is the responsibility of each passenger. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your luggage travels with you. Carry all medicines and important documents in your hand luggage. Please do not leave any items of value in your suitcase. Should loss or damage occur you may be able to claim through your own Travel Insurance.
We recommend you do not take any valuables on holiday with you. Do not leave passports or cash in your room. Always use in-room or hotel safe. There may be a charge for such a service. Do not leave any valuables onboard the coach when you disembark, theft from motorcoaches is on the increase. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to valuables.
On many of our trips, we have included evening meals. These are booked as a group meal, sitting down at a pre-booked time. It is not possible to come individually at different times and sit elsewhere in the restaurant. On some tours, please note that dinner can be a set menu with no choice and is generally traditional cooking of that area.
15) SPECIAL DIETS & OTHER DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
If you have any special dietary requirements, please ensure you mention them at the time of booking. We will notify the hotel. However, your requirements are not guaranteed unless we specifically agree to them, with you. Many hotels do not have the facilities to cope with special diets or other particular requests and we will not be held liable for their failure to do so. Please also note that we do not guarantee gluten-free bread or cereal will be available in hotels and if you are a coeliac, we strongly recommend you buy/bring your own bread/breakfast cereal. We are unable to supply meals in accordance with strict religious requirements.
Our coach holidays are not suitable for children under the age of 12. We do not accept bookings from anyone 18 years or under unless accompanied by an adult over 21 years of age.
17) PHOTOGRAPHY ON TOUR
PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES reserves the right to take photographs and/or videos during the operation of any program, and to use the photography for promotional purposes.
18) MEDICAL & HEALTH ISSUES
PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES do not employ medical personnel or offer any medical advice to passengers. If a passenger requires medical attention, it must be at the nearest facility at their own expense. PIERCE KAVANAGH COACHES are not responsible for any cost incurred due to quarantine, restrictions of limitation of travel, unavailability of medical services or any medical services obtained whilst travelling on our coach tours. We recommend passengers purchase adequate medical and travel insurance in advance of travel. Pierce Kavanagh Coaches reserve the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the health and safely of the other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passenger for any health, safety, or behavioural issues is at the discretion of the Tour Manager. Passengers will be allowed re-join the tour with a confirmed medical certificate from a registered medical health practitioner stating that they are fit to travel without posing a risk to other passengers.
19) ERRORS & OMMISSIONS
While every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and communications by our staff, errors or omissions are possible and Pierce Kavanagh Coaches is not responsible for such errors. If a mistake is made on invoices, we reserve the right to correct the invoice and you will be responsible for any additional / correct payments amounts due.
IMPORTANT – RESPONSIBILITY
Pierce Kavanagh Coaches (the Operator) take great care in arranging our coach holidays; however, we do not exercise direct control over the day to day running of hotels, ferries and other services relating to the holiday. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing services are independent contractors and are not principals, agents, employers, employees, representatives, partners of the Operator or its affiliates.
The program participant (Consumer) agrees that neither the Operator nor its affiliates shall be liable for any acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of those independent contractors, and is not liable for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, death, delay or expense occasioned by any supplier providing services, any insurer or insurance administrator or of any other person, or from any occurrence or condition beyond the control of the Operator. The Operator is not liable for any act, error, omission, negligence, or misconduct of any third party, or any injury, damage or loss related thereto. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by the Operator are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier thereof and to the laws of the countries in which the services are rendered.
We are unable to accept liability for any acts, omissions or irregularities caused by those involved in the holiday arrangements, over which we do not have direct control.
- No liability shall attach to the Organiser for failure to comply with a special request and such requests do not form part of the contract
- It shall be the Consumer’s responsibility to disclose prior to booking to the Organiser any physical or mental condition of a member of his party which may be relevant, and no liability shall attach to the Organiser for the provision of an unsuitable holiday for a disabled person where disclosure of the disability has not been made to the organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to decline to provide a holiday for a person with a disability where, in the Organiser’s opinion, that holiday would be inconsistent with the special needs of that person
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct pick-up point at the correct time, and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of late arrival at any pick-up
- Excursions are included in the price of the holiday and refunds cannot be made to passengers not wishing to go on these
- In the rare event where we may have to make a major change in the holiday, you will be notified as soon as possible
- If there are any complaints during the holiday, the driver guide or tour host should be informed. If the matter cannot be resolved, you must then notify us in writing within 7 days of the completion of your holiday.
- All routes and outings as shown on each itinerary are subject to availability, road, and weather, we reserve the right to make changes to any itinerary prior to or during the operation, with or without notice, due to operational, climatic conditions or for any reasons beyond the control of Pierce Kavanagh Coaches. The itinerary descriptions are guaranteed with the exception of unforeseen conditions including but not limited to road closures due to weather, acts of God, changes in legal vehicle size or weight limits or other travel restrictions. We also reserve the right to substitute hotels for others in similar categories and to replace vehicles, tour directors, and other supplies if operationally necessary.
- Please note that in the event of disruption or delay to ferry services Pierce Kavanagh Coaches are not liable for any additional travel or accommodation costs incurred by passengers
- Any anti-social behaviour cannot be tolerated and may result in you being excluded from any further participation in the coach tour. You will have to return home at your own expense
- Alcohol, hot food or hot drinks are not permitted on board our coaches
A minimum of 20 passengers is required to operate each tour. In the event that the minimum number is not reached, a full refund will be issued or an alternative holiday will be offered. We shall be entitled to cancel or curtail the relevant programme at any time up to 2 weeks prior to the departure date and the Consumer shall not be entitled to make a claim for loss arising as a consequence of cancellation or curtailment in these circumstances.
We reserve the right to change or cancel the holiday at any time.