BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
You can make a booking with us in a number of ways, in writing, in person at our offices or by phoning us. The contract between us is made when your booking is entered on our reservation system and a booking reference number is produced. By making a reservation, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions. We will send out a confirmation usually within 48 hours: please check it carefully to ensure all details are correct.
Please take out Travel Insurance for peace of mind. Your Travel Insurance policy should cover you for accident, health, luggage and cancellation. It is a condition of booking any of our trips to have adequate Travel, Cancellation and Health insurance.
We try to be as flexible with our clients as possible. In the event that you cannot travel, your may transfer your booking to a friend if you give us reasonable notice. There will be an administration charge of 20 euro for each transfer we make. Both you and the transferee remain responsible in paying for the holiday. If you do transfer your holiday to someone else, that person must have adequate holiday / travel insurance.
EHIC (EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD)
On all our holidays to member states of the EU, it is advisable to carry with you a completed EHIC card. This is available from your local county health clinic. It entitles you to free or reduced cost emergency state medical treatment in the EU.
SPECIAL DIETS & OTHER DIETARY REQUIREMENTS
If you have any special dietary requirements, please ensure you mention them on your booking form. We will notify the hotel. However, they are not guaranteed unless we specifically agree them with you. Many hotels do not have the facilities to cope with special diets or other particular requests and we will not be held liable for their failure to do so. Please also note that we do not guarantee gluten free bread or cereal will be available in hotels and if you are a coeliac, we strongly recommend you buy / bring you own bread / breakfast cereal. Unfortunately, we are unable to supply meals in accordance with strict religious requirements.
On many of our trips we have included evening meals. These are booked as a group meal, sitting down at a pre-booked time. It is not possible to come individually at different times and sit elsewhere in the restaurant. On some tours please note that dinner can be a set menu with no choice and is generally traditional cooking of that area.
Each passenger is allowed one large suitcase which must be tagged, weighing no more than 20 kilos. Please make sure your bags are tagged inside and outside. A small holdall can also be taken on board the coach. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to luggage. No luggage may be left overnight on the coach. The transport of luggage is the responsibility of each passenger. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your luggage travels with you. Carry all medicines and important documents in your hand luggage. Please do not leave any items of value in your suitcase. Should loss or damage occur you may be able to claim through your own Travel Insurance.
We recommend you do not take any valuables on holiday with you. Do not leave passports or cash in your room. Always use in-room or hotel safe. There may be a charge for such service. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to Valuables.
PASSENGERS WITH HEALTH CONSIDERATIONS/ DISABILITIES
Whilst we welcome passengers on our holidays with health considerations and disabilities, some of our holidays may not be suitable for certain special needs. Some hotels do not offer ground floor rooms / lifts / easy access. It is therefore important that we have full extent details in writing and you must ensure that this has been acknowledged by us. Collapsible wheelchairs/walking aids are accepted on coaches but only with prior written agreement as the overall weight of the coach is restricted with limited space for luggage and extra equipment. We restrict this to one wheelchair per holiday. Furthermore, all passengers must be able to negotiate the five steps to board and disembark the coach in order to manage and enjoy our coach holidays.
Single – If you book a single room at a supplement, you will most likely get a room with a single bed and not a double bed. Essentially a single room is usually bigger than half a double room and is more costly to service pro rata.
Triple – A triple room is generally a twin room with an additional (often a fold-away) bed.
We endeavour to keep to the itinerary that you will receive as part of your travel documents. In some instances your driver/guide will make alternations to this itinerary for reasons such as weather, traffic, public holidays, local markets, essential maintenance etc. You will be advised locally of any changes. We reserve the right to operate such changes.
Our coach holidays are not suitable for children under the age of 12. We do not accept bookings from anyone 18 years or under, unless accompanied by an adult over 21 years of age.
A non-refundable, non-transferrable booking deposit of 100 euro per person is required at the time of booking. The balance must be paid no later than 56 days prior to the departure date of the holiday.
If you book less than 56 days prior to the departure date, payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
If the balance of the holiday is not paid within 56 days of the departure date, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and retain the deposit.
All cancellations must be received in writing.
Notification Period prior to Departure
More than 8 weeks Deposit forfeited
After 8 weeks No refund
In the event of cancellation, the person signing for the holiday is responsible for any expenses incurred.
In the event of no refunds given, you may be able to claim for monies paid through your Travel Insurance.
In certain or unexpected circumstances we may have to cancel the holiday, and if this should occur we will return all deposits paid, or offer a suitable alternative.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient Travel, Cancellation and Health Insurance cover, for the duration of your holiday. This is a condition of acceptance of booking.
Our interest is to ensure that you enjoy your holiday from start to finish.
By making a reservation, you are confirming that you have read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
No contract shall arise until the Organiser has received a deposit or full payment for the holiday and has issued written confirmation of its acceptance to the Consumer.
IMPORTANT – RESPONSIBILITY
Pierce Kavanagh Coaches (the Operator) take great care in arranging our coach holidays; however, we do not exercise direct control over the day to day running of hotels, ferries and other services relating to the holiday. The carriers, hotels and other suppliers providing services are independent contractors and are not principals, agents, employers, employees, representatives or partners of the Operator or its affiliates. The program participant (Consumer) agrees that neither the Operator nor its affiliates shall be liable for any acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of those independent contractors, and is not liable for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, death, delay or expense occasioned by any supplier providing services, any insurer or insurance administrator or of any other person, or from any occurrence or condition beyond the control of the Operator. The Operator is not liable for any act, error, omission, negligence or misconduct of any third party, or any injury, damage or loss related thereto. All certificates and other travel documents for services issued by the Operator are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier thereof, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are rendered.
• We are unable to accept liability for any acts, omissions or irregularities caused by those involved in the holiday arrangements, over which we do not have direct control.
• No liability shall attach to the Organiser for failure to comply with a special request and such requests do not form part of the contract.
• It shall be the Consumer’s responsibility to disclose prior to booking to the Organiser any physical or mental condition of a member of his/her party which may be relevant, and no liability shall attach to the Organiser for the provision of an unsuitable holiday for a disabled person where disclosure of the disability has not been made to the the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to decline to provide a holiday for a person with a disability where, in the Organiser’s opinion, that holiday would be inconsistent with the special needs of that person.
• You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct pick-up point at the correct time and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by passengers because of late arrival at any pick-up point.
• Excursions are included in the price of the holiday and refunds cannot be made to passengers not wishing to go on these excursions.
• In the rare event where we may have to make a major change in the holiday, you will be notified as soon as possible.
• If there are any complaints during the holiday, the driver guide or tour host should be informed immediately. If the matter cannot be resolved, you must then notify us in writing within 7 days of the completion of your holiday.
• All routes and outings as shown on each itinerary are subject to availability, road and weather conditions.
• Please note that in the event of disruption or delay to ferry services Pierce Kavanagh Coaches are not liable for any additional travel or accommodation costs incurred by passengers.
• Any anti-social behaviour cannot be tolerated and may result in you being excluded from any further participation in the coach holiday. You will have to return home at your own expense.
• Alcohol is not permitted onboard our coaches.
• We reserve the right to change or cancel the holiday at any time.
• A minimum of 26 passengers is required to operate each tour. In the event that the minimum number is not reached, a full refund will be given or an alternative holiday will be offered. We shall be entitled to cancel or curtail the relevant programme at any time up to 2 weeks prior to the departure date and the Consumer shall not be entitled to make a claim for loss arising as a consequence of cancellation or curtailment in these circumstances.